2008 - 2010...AKA My Favorite Years For Music

I am in a nostalgic mood, plain and simple. I was already kind of feeling it before the world shut down, but now that I'm stuck alone with my thoughts I really have no choice but to rely on nice memories to slowly get me through my days.

Musically, a lot of these memories are specifically from 2008-2010, with a little bit of 2011 in there for good measure. There were so many great bands making excellent songs that informed basically everything I liked and still like today. This is a quick rundown of some of the songs that really made an impression on me during those times. I've gotten to meet and play shows with a lot of these people over the years, for which I am incredibly grateful. I dropped out of college in 2010 and within a year I was in Italy playing a show with Sonny & The Sunsets, who made one of my favorite songs of all time, y'know? How could I not be nostalgic for that?! Here's to good times:



Comments

  1. Great stuff! I am from Mississippi, and my favorite band from my home state broke up, but they released an outstanding ep and two excellent albums and are called Colour Revolt. Their singer, Jesse Coppenbarger also makes solo music under the name El Obo, and he looks to be coming out with something really special with this project soon. Anyway, thanks for Sonny and the Sunsets, absolutely lovely!

    Your blog is working. I have already purchased that Seam album mentioned in the comments in your last post and am now looking up albums by these artists here. I had forgotten this joy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Isolation Companion # 1 - Mixtape

Isolation Companion #2